Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Note to my Hometown, Moore, Oklahoma


I’m sure you’ve heard by now, but just in case you haven’t, this week, a tornado tore across Oklahoma, completely devastating a town called Moore.

As some of you may know, I grew up in Moore, Oklahoma. I lived there throughout my entire childhood.  As the news continues its coverage, I repeatedly see the streets I used to ride my bike and spend time with my friends on, completely wiped out. I’ve been pointing out to my family how close to the wreckage my parents used to live. In fact, the home that my parents used to live in was leveled completely. I’ve been seeing the Facebook posts of people trying to keep their loved ones informed about their whereabouts and their safety. More importantly, I’ve been trying to make sure that my friends and family are safe. Some of them are still missing.

Yesterday, the death toll was estimated to be at least 51, with the possibility of 90 when all was said and done. Thankfully, that number has dropped significantly. The official death toll as of this afternoon has been tallied to 24, according to NPR, with at least 9 being children. Even still, hundreds of families have lost absolutely everything, with their homes and livelihoods being completely wiped out by this tornado, leaving nothing but devastation in its wake.

All that being said, our company wants nothing more than for you, our supporters and clients, to do their best to rally behind the victims of this Oklahoma tornado in any way that you can. There are a variety of disaster relief funds that you can contribute to, should you so choose, a few of which are listed on USA Today’s website, including the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army, Operation USA, Save the Children, and a number of others.


You can donate to whatever organization you desire, our hope would just be that you’ll consider supporting.

I would like to thank you all personally for your support during this time to not only me, but to the victims of the tornado in Moore, Oklahoma. Any contribution will help and will mean the world to us, but especially them. If you have the capacity to donate, DDWerks  and Redshirtprinting.com would love for you to do so.

To all my friends and family in Oklahoma: consider my prayers, love, and support blanketed over you in this time. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen, My fellow Moore, Oklahoma Brother! You know I am doing my part and more....if possible!
    Brian Lynn Jones

    ReplyDelete